Steps to Becoming a Licensed Broker in Missouri
Every day more real estate agents are deciding they want the economic advantage of owning their own brokerage. Becoming a broker is a great step towards advancing the career of any real estate agent. Below we have outlined the complete set of requirements for any Missouri based realtor to get their broker's license and be well on their way to opening their own office.
Missouri Real Estate Broker’s License Requirements
- Proof of age 18 and above.
- Have graduated High School or obtained GED
- You must have an active Missouri salesperson license for at least 24 of the last 30 months immediately preceding your application. Proof of completion of 48 hours Pre-License Education. These education requirements can be waived if you are a licensed attorney, hold an active salesperson license and pass both portions of the real estate broker examination.
- There will be a criminal record check currently done by 3M/Cogent, Missouri Automated Criminal History Site (MACHS). You will need to provide the MREC’s four-digit registration number, 0004, in order to register to be fingerprinted, the fee is $43.05.
The exam is broken into two parts, National and state.
The broker exam national portion consists of 10 simulation problems
The state-specific portion is multiple choice with 75 questions.
You are allowed a total of 4.5 hours for the entire exam.
Fees: Examination Fee ($68). License fee ($130).
The exam will be administered by PSI services, LLC an external testing agency. (www.psiexams.com)
How to Run a Successful Brokerage
Successful real estate brokerages have one thing in common. They have an organized and consistent process in their workflow. This helps owners keep track, close deals faster, and keep everyone happy, staff and customers included. A great way to do this is through Emphasys Software's Real Estate commission software; this will provide mission specific functionality that completely automates your brokerage. Our system can transform your business into the competitive and lucrative operation professionals dream of.
- Efficiently sort through paper work
- Create a consistent and manageable flow
- Lead generation
- Closings and accounting
- Helpful integrations
- Direct link with MLS
Our main goals are to help brokers save time managing day-to-day operations, get detailed insight into production data and remain in compliance with all real estate regulations. No more wondering how to set up commission structures, managing sliding scales, and real estate checklists . Emphasys Software's time-tested solution is great for satisfying all the aspects of your business needs and more.